Learn GPS Group Peer Support Facilitator Training in our interactive and engaging training experience. Through practicum, experiential learning, theoretical overviews and in depth exploration of culture, community and identity you will develop competency in GPS. This training is appropriate for experienced and first time group leaders with professional expertise and/or lived experience.
- Incorporate evidence-based approaches of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction and Psychosocial Education in a warm and accessible group model.
- Learn group leadership skills to provide trauma-informed, empowering group environments that increase social support through didactic, interactive and experiential learning modalities.
- Build group leadership competence by participating in multiple GPS practicums throughout the training.
- Explore the impact of race, class and culture on individual experiences in groups. Learn how to lead a courageous and strength-based group process.
- Learn how to provide a population and culturally-sensitive group model for diverse communities that includes the values of your community in the heart of GPS.
- Merge GPS with already-existing educational curricula or utilize GPS for Parents© curricula to enhance deeper engagement.