GPS Intro Webinar Sessions
GPS provides free 1-hour video webinars to introduce people to the GPS Model including its trauma-informed foundation, use of evidence-based therapeutic modalities and pathways to successful implementation in diverse communities. This short introductory webinar is a way to become familiar with the GPS Mission, Vision and Program, meet the Leadership Team and Founders, and learn how to bring GPS to your community.
GPS Facilitator Training
In this profound and dynamic 2 – 3 day training, community leaders, professionals and peers with lived experience learn how to implement and lead the simple, yet transformational, GPS Model in their home communities. Utilizing both didactic and experiential adult learning modalities, participants will learn to create safe group environments for personal healing, resilience and recovery.
GPS Facilitator Training provides:
- In-depth understanding about the importance of trauma-informed group care
- Specific leadership skill-building of trauma-informed GPS group structure
- Experiential exercises about the specific lived experiences of group member populations
- Discussions about intersectionality, disparities and impact of race, class, culture, gender identity on health, mental health and the ability to thrive
- Practicums in implementing Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Motivational Interviewing in group settings
- Practicums in facilitating the GPS model to ensure proficiency
GPS Trained Facilitators may enroll in the GPS Certification Program to receive continuing education and support on the path of GPS leadership competence and to ensure fidelity to the GPS Model. Those engaged in GPS Certification receive personal and group support and coaching, through in-person monthly video classes with Master Trainers and GPS facilitators nation-wide and must complete the GPS Certification Packet. Certification can take from 6 months – 1 year to complete.
GPS Master Trainer
After successful completion of GPS Certification, participants are eligible to apply to the Master Trainer Program. The Master Trainer Program prepares participants to lead GPS Facilitator Training in their own communities by training them in leadership competency skills, an in-depth knowledge of GPS Facilitator Training and providing mentorship to their home communities.
GPS Licensure provides agencies, organizations, coalitions, and other entities with the flexibility to replicate GPS in a tailored way that fits your community. Licensing GPS allows you to host GPS Facilitator Trainings in the licensed areas with GPS Master Trainers.
Bring GPS to Your Community
GPS is developed for rapid replication and accessibility. You can easily bring GPS to your community, learn the model and begin training people in your community to use this impactful and evidence-based model.