GPS Online Self-Paced Facilitator Training
Learn to facilitate support groups, the GPS support group method!
After purchase, you will receive a downloadable pdf with instructions to access the GPS Facilitator Training.
GPS Group Peer Support provides you with a map to support people in your community. GPS is a perfect tool for diverse communities facing unique challenges. Whether you are supporting parents, frontline healthcare workers, students, faith communities, refugees and immigrants, communities striving for solidarity, those struggling because of COVID, those in recovery, or dealing with grief, GPS is an effective and impactful approach to support connection, resilience, and participant’s ability to act on behalf of themselves, their families and their communities.
GPS is a nationally-recognized group model that is being successfully implemented in state, local, and community settings, in English, Spanish, Chinese, and Arabic.
“The GPS Training not only gave me the skills and techniques to facilitate a support group, it also allowed me to recognize my own strength and ability to be a better version of myself.”
~ Maria Jose Mojardin Lopez, Maternal Mental Health Task Force, Tucson, AZ
IN THIS TRAINING YOU WILL LEARN
- A trauma-informed, culturally responsive support group model that is easy to learn and implement in diverse settings, with diverse populations, and in multiple languages.
- How to address the intersection of trauma, racism, poverty, disparities, cultural and gender identity, as well as the COVID-19 pandemic, with compassion, transparency, and skill.
- Unique trauma-informed skills to create environments of mutual respect, non-judgement, compassion, and safety.
- How to incorporate evidence-based approaches of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction in groups.
- A strengths-based group approach that ensures an accessible, welcoming, and transformational group experience for all.
- How to run groups that support, empower and benefit not only the individuals and communities being served, but the group facilitators as well.
* Social Work CEUs are available. Inquire about other continuing educational credits at .
THIS TRAINING IS FOR YOU!
Whether you are experienced or are a first-time group leader, you will learn skills that will change the way that you run support groups and gain the confidence to lead consistently impactful groups for your community.
- Activists, organizers, and equity leaders
- Business leaders
- Clergy and lay leaders
- Mental health and medical professionals
- Peer specialists
- People with lived experience
- Supervisors and administrative leaders
- Teachers and education leaders
- Volunteer leaders
- Module 1 The Power of Groups
- Module 2 Mindfulness
- Module 3 Trauma Informed Guidelines
- Module 4 Realities & Principles
- Module 5 Reflective Listening
- Module 6 Grounding, Weaving, Closing
- Closing Practicum